Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls with two T1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnD123

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2006
US
I have two T1's lines, one for local and one for long distance.

All 800's and Area code+number calls have to go out the first, all 1+area code+number calls have to go out the secound.

What is the easiest way to program this into the routing tables?

Thanks!

Shawn

Anything in AC1 without a 1 in front goes out RLI 0 pointing to the local T1, for local and toll free calls.

Anything with a 1 in front goes out RLI 1 whoch points to the LD T1.

Forget my last post, I was thinking Option Switch not Norstar.

That would take a considerable amount of data gathering and the creation of a fairly complex routing table if you want all calls to go out on the least expensive route

My advice would be to have a certified Norstar tech build and implement a customized routing table for your specific application and location.

Phonehed in Dallas

Thats what I am having done. The hard part is handling the 800 numbers since they can't go out the same t1 as the LD calls..

We are going to start with a few area codes at a time and see if it delays the system in making calls. Does the system normally slow down with large amounts of routing?

It shouldn't but if you build and implement an incomplete routing table you're going to cause a multitude of outbound problems. Routing tables like the one you need have to be thought out on paper from A to Z before you ever try to build one.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back