Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls via the CCR to different location after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

pecossunset

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
The customer is using a MICS 4.1 and a NAM 4.1 on this site.

Right now I have a CCR set up to answer all line on the 2nd ring to capture CID. This company has several divisions that are handled by by agents who speak 4 languages. Press 1 for English, 2 for Chinese, 3 for Korean, 4 for German. The greeting is spoken in each language so the callers know what selector code to push.

Everything works great but at 6:30pm MON-SUN they want the Chinese callers to be rerouted to their office in China until 8am the next morning but they still want the other callers to routed to the U.S. departments so I will need to keep the existing 4 lanugage greeting.

I am trying to figure out how best to switch the CCR so that only the selector code ( 2 ) changes to route the caller to the Chinese telephone number ( CENTREX FLASH+011+number, etc. ).

So for example:
BUSINESS HOURS 8a-6:30p
1 = 221
2 = 222
3 = 223
4 = 224

AFTER HOURS 6:30p - 8a
1 = 221
2 = FLASH+011-number
3 = 223
4 = 224

They want this to be done automatically by the Nortel and not manually. Hope this makes sense?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Since you are at 4.1 on the MICS you can handle Callpilot voice mail.

I wonder if this would work:

So for example the changes in yellow:

BUSINESS HOURS 8a-6:30p - Normal Greeting #1 MORN, AFT.
1 = 221
2 = 222
3 = 223
4 = 224

AFTER HOURS 6:30p - 8a - Night Greeting #2 EVNG
1 = 221
8 = FLASH+011-number
3 = 223
4 = 224

The difference is you record a night greeting for after hours and direct them to press 8.

Or build 2 more paths and add a greeting for option 2:

2 = Menu (if you are calling during normal hours press 1, if after hours press 2)
21 = 222
22 = China

Or forward 222 every night (Feature 4)
You can build a route to call that number to China, create a dest code to use that route say 8, at the phone do F4 8 every night.

Outta Ammo

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back