Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls to centrex lines (new site) from Definity using 4 digits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamintdog

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
Hey all - I've got a Definity G3si R11 onsite. We have a local offsite office with centrex service through the same LEC that offers us our PRI at the Definity site. I'm trying to get 4 digit dialing between the two sites using the LEC's network.

Local PRI: Trunk Group 5
Remote 'extensions': 1850-1880

If I want to be able to pickup from my extension off the definity and make a 4 digit call to any of the above extensions (and have the call go out the local Trunk Grp 5 to the LEC's network)... would I do this using Uniform dialplan / AAR and if so can anyone help me with config info?
...not sure how to tell the switch to take a 4 digit # from 1850 to 1880 and route it out the correct trunk...

Please let me know what other info you need
Thanks in advance.

On the uniform dial plan you enter the 4 digit extension number you wish to change. You might wand to try 4 entries looking like 185 186 187 188. This will send 1850 through 1859 ETC. In the Len field put 4 in the del field place 4 in the inserted digits place a 3 digit code to you will remember. In the net field place aar. Next step enter the command ch aar a followed by the 3 digit code you made up. In the Min Max place 10 10. In the route pattern place a route number you will define next. In call type place aar in node number leave default. Now enter the command ch ro followed bt the route number you put in above. In the GRP field place the trunk group number of your outgoing trunk or LD trunk group. In the FRL field I place a 0 so everybody can use it. The NPA PFX MRK HOP LMT and TOLL LST are all blank. In NO DEL DIGITS place 10 this will delete all digits. In inserted digits place the full number of the VDN at the other site (donot include the 9 but include the 1 if needed).

This has been working for me for years
Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back