Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls to an idle agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncEJT

Technical User
Nov 27, 2012
GB
Hi,

I've been out of the Aspect Callcenter area for a few years and suddenly find myself back in the thick of it. This may, therefore, be an obvious question/answer to many of you but please have mercy on a forgetful contractor!

We have Aspect Callcenters on ver 9.3 using 'traditional' TIC connected telsets.

Here's the stupid question; Is it possible to route calls to an idle agent?

The reason for asking is that there is a requirement to escalate some calls to Team Leaders who do not routinely log in their telsets. It's not feasible to have TLs watching their displays to see if they've got an incoming call, so our customer has asked if there's any way to route the call to them effectively regardless of their status.

Any help much appreciated.

Dunc.

From a select agent group or select agent supergroup step, you will not get a call to an agent that is not in available. An agent that is a member of the selected group will see a call waiting led.

If you do a select extension step you can get a call to a specific team lead. Depending on the class of service setting for ring-thru, you can ring the teleset even if they are in idle. If they are not logged on, you can send it to voicemail.

IndianaSkinny

Thanks, IndianaSkinny.

That explains why I'm not getting the call to where I want to!

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,

Dunc.

DuncEJT, Hi

I know this is many months later BUT did you ever solve your problem? Is it important? There are some CTI solutions that may just help.

Rgds, Tompinuk

Hi Tompinuk,

Solved the issue by telling the users that what they wanted to do wasn't feasible and suggesting that they rethink their requirement!

Cheers,

Dunc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back