Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing calls out of Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewerdude

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2003
US
Have CM 4.2 in our main office with a gateway that has a PRI connected to the PSTN, and a QSIG PRI to our Nortel 81C. The CM is utilized so our off-shore group can communicate with everyone else using softphones. I've run into an issue where management wants to put up to 50 of these softphone users on a single brige for training events. Since I only have one PRI to the PSTN, that's not enough for these events. I wanted to be able to do two things:

1. Setup the route list so that calls will overflow to our Nortel and use it's trunking

2. Setup a scenario so that users can select a different digit (say '8') for external calls that will route them directly over the Nortel. I have already setup a Route Pattern of 8.XXXX so users on the CM can call users on the Nortel (there are dial-plan conflicts). But what Route Pattern would I use to allow external dialing over the Nortel?

I've tried many things and nothing seems to work. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks.

I have not done it myself but try 8.9xxxxxxx.
When 8 is pressed, the call will be directed towards Nortel and since 9 will be inserted just after, it might pick up the PRA line to dial out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back