Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing between gatways

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibredbeard

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
GB
Hi,
I have a firewall that has 4 ports. Port 1 is the data in from the fiber and port 2 the data out to all the switches and then to the computers. This port is configured as a gateway with 192.169.1.254. I have another external line that I want to plug in to port 3 and then have the data out on port 4 to 10 seperate computers (all have static addresses). These computers are on their own router. I want to configure the gateway for those ports to 192.169.1.253. Will these 10 computers be able to talk with the rest of the network? Can I create a rule that will allow some protocols from 192.169.1.254 to be able to be used on 192.169.1.254? The problem is that the new external line is from a different company, and these computers need virus updates, Patch updates, e-mail, etc from my network but the speed from the new line. I am sorry if I am a little unclear. thanks!

Not very clear.
can you list addresses (mask actual addresses)

Port 1 - 192.169.x.x (External to internet)
Port 2 - 192.169.x.x (Internal Network)
port 3 - 192.169.x.x (External connection)
port 4 - 192.169.x.x (internal network 2)

need to get from 10 pc's on port 4 to internet (Port 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back