Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing between 2 Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold8

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
IN
Hello all,

To make this very simple, I have two networks 192.168.100.0/24 and 192.168.10.0/24 in my Local LAN.

I want to enable computers on one LAN to connect to computers on the other.

I have installed a Win2000 Server machine with 2 NIC's and would like to enable this as a router between the 2 networks. I have installed and configured Routing and remote access, but I still can't get thru. Do i need to enable RIP ? Any other soulution ? can someone help me with this configuration ?

To get to the other side you'll have to set your gateway address to the address that you've given the SERVER on your side of the network (i.e. 192.168.100.5). For computers on the other side you'll need use the server ip address for that segment as the gateway address (i.e. 192.168.10.5). You should then be able to ping address on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back