Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing and Remoting Day/Time restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkrypted

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
I just have a quick, simple question. I know that the day/time restrictions will disallow users to connect during that time frame, but will it disconnect users if they are currently connected and the restriction start time hits?

Enkrypted
A+

Anyone have any input on this?

Enkrypted
A+

A simple way to answer this mystery yourself is to enlist yourself as a client using a laptop or another PC on the SBS network. Then, set the disallow time for five minutes later and see what happens...there's your answer.

Tony

Users helping Users...

I can verify that it won't kick the user from their account at the specified time - I have a couple of users who consistently leave their machines logged in when they've finished for the day. I resorted to using a scheduled script to log the user(s) off before backups begin using the psshutdown tool ( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back