Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing and Remote Access fall down go BOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidus

MIS
Feb 5, 2002
US
Windows 2000 AS SP3

The machine has been running smooth for almost a year. I set up RRAS as a VPN one day as a test. It worked fine, then I disabled RRAS via the MMC, which appeared to work correctly. Then a friend wanted to see how to set up VPN so I went into the MMC and POOF, the Enable and Configure option was gone off of the server object in the MMC tree. The option appears when I right click on the server object in the RRAS MMC root window but is greyed out. The Disable option is there but doesn't appear to do anything but stop the service. At first I still had all of the interface, policy, port containers etc. under the server object but now those don't even show. Only the server object appears. I can start and stop the service without incident but it does not function.

I have scoured the net for a solution but nothing. Technet doesn't even have anything close.

I get no errors logged. It is almost as if the MMC is broken. I re-installed the adminpak but no luck. Yes I have re-booted. I conpared all known registry values and files to those on a working server and all seems to be in order. This is the weirdest windows problem I have ever seen.

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back