Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing 2620

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geyybecca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
GB

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help, I have just taken over a network and I am not to happy with the topolagy. To give you an idea we have 6 offices connected by leased lines using Cisco 2620 routers we can call them router 1,2 & 3 router 1 has has 4 serial interfaces with two offices hanging off of two of two of the serial interfaces. Router 1 is connected to rotuer 2 via two serial interfaces using two deferant RFC1918 address 192.168.1.2/30 & 192.168.2.1/30 Router 1 also has an ethernet port which connects it to router 3. Router 2 has the head office LAN directly connected to it while router 3 has 3 futher offices connected all via Serial itnerfaces.

My worry is the way router 1 & 2 are connected, does this not cause a routing loop ?

Any feed back would be greatfully recieved. MCSE,MCSA,MCP+i,MCP

In all truth it is most likely set up to perform load balancing. Post the config for it modify the outside ip addresses unless you feel comfortable posting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back