Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router to Router Dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.

deankn

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2003
US
Hi
Sorry for my stupidity but I'm a programmer thrust into the world of networking. Does anyone know if there is a way I can configure two SMC Barricade routers to talk via dial-up? I've configured the remote to dial the host, and the modems connect, but I'm not getting anything from the host router. The host router is configured with a dynamic IP address and is receiving an IP address. Is this even possible?
Thanks
Dean

What I'm looking for here is a quick, dirty, and temporary way to connect office A to office B by dialing in without configuring a server, security, authentication, not concerned about speed, etc. In otherwords, I want the equivalent of a Cat5 connection in office B to the lan in office A thru a dial up line. Just want an IP address and IPX. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back