Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

router sim question

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbeecken

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
US
How is the test graded on the sims. Like if I was told to enable rip and in the procsess I accedently type

routr rip

instead of router rip

Does it take off points(this is assuming that the command was retyped correctly)

Thanks

Are you talking about the actual Cisco exam? Or just a practice test? If you are talking about the actual exam, any misspellings are counted wrong. As a matter of fact:
"rout rip" would be considered wrong even though that command will enable RIP on a router. However, that last time I took the exams, when it comes time to do the fill-in-the-blanks, they give you a word bank and they tell you to type it in exactly as it appears in the bank. The word bank is long and really won't give you any clues if you were stuck on a particular command. So do be carefull and read all the intructions. Shortcuts are wrong and the command must be typed as it appears in the word bank.

HTH
Tara

I mean on the real exams, but what about if after you type in rout rip then after it type in the correct one.

Thanks

From my past experiences with the exam, they don't take the answer till you click on 'ENTER'. Typo's happen, just make sure it is correct before you submit your final answer.

Tara

I agree.. as long as you catch if BEFORE you click ok/enter, you can change it all you want. After the click, you're toast.

I have made notes as a I go along for reminders for any more questions like the one just answered.. for example, if they give a sample of config'ing EIGRP and the question is something about the routing at the end, you can safely assume that the config is correct.. write it down if you are weak in EIGRP configuration. It may be useful somewhere else down the test.

MikeS
Find me at
"The trouble with giving up civil rights is that you never get them back"

I have taken the new CCNA 607 exam and if you want to use shortcuts you can because on the new exam you can type whatever you want and then do a show int or protocols etc... and that way you can verify that rip is enabled or whatever you are trying to verify. It's not that bad since you can do this. Basically I just did my config as I normally do and then just do my show commands to verify that it is what I configured. After you do all of this you all are correct in that you do click on your submit or ok button to verify you are done. Hope this helps. Oh and by the way yes I did pass, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back