Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router Sim CCNA Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy7

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
GB
I am shortly due to take my CCNA exam and would like some info on the router sim questions.
As I understand it one of the questions concerns three routers networked together with a security problem between two of the routers.
I would like to know if I can do "show run" to determine correct config.
And also if I only need to correct say for example one IP address on one of the routers do Cisco also require me to re-enter all the passwords/ip's etc again, obviously you would not do this in the real world but I've heard some strange tales concering these new router sim questions.

Cheers (the truth is out there)

On the router sims you can use the "show run", along with just about all the other show commands that have to do with interfaces, or IP's. (I tried a "show cdp entry *" for fun, but it wouldn't let me do that, so it isn't exactley like a router). When you are changing the information it is exactly like a real router. And in a real router you don't have to retype all the config everytime you make a change. Hope this helps, let me know....

Burke

I believe 'show run' will not be much of that help.
I took the exam today, had two router sim questions. I took care of both of them.
Just make sure the IP/subnet on the router interface is the same as mentioned in the question.
Look at my othe post, in which I have given some tips on CCNA exam.
Goodluck. Thanks,
Indiana

Thanks for your help, if I can't use "show run" what command would I use?

First of all, the configuration information needed to solve the router sim question is already given in the question.
Run the show commands that are specific to interfaces to find out about the status of an interface, e.g., show interfaces, show ip interface.

It just depends on what is the problem defined in the question. If the problem is about access-lists, then you probably need to run the show access-lists command.

Hope it helps. Thanks,
Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back