Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
GB
HI

I have a 3500 switch that when i have powered on all i get is

Switch :
cant cant access commands , flash ect ect

I'm thinking i need to wipe out all info and start again , any tips ?

Thanks a lot

so you don't have a router problem, but a switching problem ;)
seems like your switch is in rommon. Meaning it couldn't load the ios. Could be your conf register is set to that or the ios image is corrupt or not even there.
Use the ? to see what your commands are. I believe its 'dir flash:' to see if there is an image.

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

if you are rommon mode type boot it will pick up the file in flash and start the switch.

if this doesn't work the you may have to specify the filename

Steve Lindley
CCNA

Try typing the following commands:

flash_init
boothelper
dir flash:

Then if there is a bin file in the list type:
boot flash:FILENAME.BIN
or
boot FILENAME.BIN

Kurt

However once i put the name boot file in it comes up with this , also it says that the boot file :The flash is already initialized.
switch: boot boot system flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin
switch: set
environme
usage: boot [-n|-j] [-p] [-c] [-f] [-i] [-m] [-notnd] [-notni] [-post] [-skip_po name ser
st] [-switch_post] [-reserve_mem <1-15>] [-no_esp_keepalive] [-no_clk_dbl] [-hel
MODEL_NUM=WS-C3548-XL-ENge.(confi

Then sits at switch :

Try -

switch: boot flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin

Once the flash is initialized then you can access it and load the file. The command above should be all you need to get everything running, assuming that the file is not corrupted.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back