Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router Modem Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobNorris

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm running a windows 2003 server on a cable connecting. Currently its on the router (Hard wired) with other PC's. I'm not getting the upload speed I need so my question is, is there a better way to do this? 2 Modems, one for the server the other for the routers PC's?

Since I'm in development I dont want to pay for co hosting at this time but need faster upload speeds.

Either separate connections as you suggest, or check with your provider to see if faster speed is possible through your existing cable connection.

You might also want to check and see what's actually going across that connection. Maybe someone is streaming their soap operas...

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

I think its a setting somewhere.I ran the same application on a different bot with XPPro with iis and it was fast as lightning.

check the link speed of the network card and the duplex setting on the server.

Could you explain how to do this please?

Anyone know how to do this? I really dont want to pay for a co hosted solution. This ran fine on xp pro.Ther HAS to be somethingin 2003 causing this slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back