Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mireles10

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
US
Is there a way for the router to start with the configured file even if the router is rebooted?

I am not sure what your question is....
The router performs a POST (power on self test) and loads an availble IOS.. Then looks for a startup-configuration...

Daily Thought: Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when
pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

I think he's asking about the config register...
router>en
router#conf t
router(config)#config-register 2102
router(config)#end
router#wr

Before you do this, try...
router>en
router#sh ver
It will tell you what the configuration register is set to. If it is set to 0X2142, then it will load the default configuration. Setting it to 2102 ensures that the configuration you have saved will be the one loaded when the router reboots. After configuring the router for everything, do thje "copy run start" or "wr" command at the privileged exec prompt (#).

Burt

thanX Burtbees,
that is exactly what I was asking, just wmy question was not clear enough. thanX again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back