Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router Configuration Error (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttraider

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
US
I have two netware servers, (3.12 and 4.11) both running IPX. We are consolidating into one area and both servers need to be in one network. Everytime I hook those servers up in the same network I get a "1.1.112 Router Configuration error detected. Router at node (address) claims network 6 should be 4". If I change the network address to 5 it should still give me the same error, except now it is network 5.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Both servers need to be configured with the same Frame type and IPX Segment number. Most likely they aren't that way now.

ETHERNET_802.3 and ETHERNET_802.2 are most common. Both servers should have the same frame type.

Network Segment: This is an 8 digit Hexadecimal number. It is probably configured in your AUTOEXEC.NCF file as part of the BIND statement. Make sure that these are the same for the Frame Type in use. Note that more than one frame type can exist on one server, so check this.

Sample Configuraiton: ETHERNET_802.2, IPX Segment 234CA320

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Sample Configuraiton: ETHERNET_802.2, IPX Segment 234CA320"

They are configured for 802.2 and 802.3 butI don't know anything about the IPX segment. I'll look into that.

Thanks

Current Configuration:
Configuration for the first server: (V4.11)
IPX INTERNAL NET 1C2136CF
Load LNEPCI2.Lan slot=4 Frame=Ethernet_802.2 Name=Data3
Bind IPX to Data3 Net=1
Load LNEPCI2.Lan slot=4 Frame=Ethernet_802.3 Name=Data4
Bind IPX to Data3 Net=2

Configuration for the Second server: (V3.12)
IPX INTERNAL NET 3F4F2fA3
Load c:n100.Lan slot=3 Frame=Ethernet_802.2 Name=East1
Bind IPX to Data3 Net=5
Load c:n100.Lan slot=3 Frame=Ethernet_802.3 Name=East2
Bind IPX to Data3 Net=6

You'll probably be okay to just change the second server (v3.12):

1st one: NET=1
2nd one: NET=2

Then reboot

I don't think the syntax is correct on the second one. did you just manually type that or was it a copy/paste?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

I don't think the syntax is correct on the second one. did you just manually type that or was it a copy/paste?"

Copy and paste and change it some.

I'll have to try that in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back