Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router Configuaration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathbern66

Technical User
Jul 14, 2003
US
I just installed a router to share two PC's operating WinXP. I can connect to the internet from both, but I am unable to share files. I have a GigaFast Ethernet Roter that is LAN capable. One of the PC's (call it "A") can connect to the workgroup, and view the files that it is sharing. It also lists the other PC ("B") in the network places, but when attempting to connect, I cannot access the that PC ("B"). "I get a message that it is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource...."

On PC "B" the workgroup is listed, but cannot be accessed. I get the same message "....is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource...."

Xp has its own firewall make sure its off . Do you have an added firewall, make sure your trusted.

Yup that did it, I disabled Norton security and it works now... THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back