Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Router 2800 vpn tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
PE
Hello,

I want to know if its possible increase the speed of transmission and reception in an ipsec tunnel in a cisco router 2800. My ISP connection is 6Mpbs , but in transfer upload to the main office is around 300kbps maybe less, but i cant no reach the max speed of the bandwith. With the download happens something similar, the speed can read 300kbps but not the full bandwith.

This is my configuration

interface Tunnel30
bandwidth 6000
ip address X.X.X.X
ip flow ingress
ip flow egress
load-interval 30
qos pre-classify
tunnel source Loopback30
tunnel destination Y.Y.Y.Y

Output show interface tunnel

Fast tunneling enabled
Tunnel transmit bandwidth 8000 (kbps)
Tunnel receive bandwidth 8000 (kbps)
Last input 00:00:00, output 00:00:00, output hang never

By default i didnt configure the tunnel bandwith, but if i setup this value the speed will increase?

For the last question, no. The "bandwidth" parameter there does not affect actual transmission rate.

How are you performing this speed test? Are speeds equally slow for both upload and download? How is the other side of the tunnel configured? Your source is a loopback? What are the physical ports and assocation configurations at play, on both sides?

CCNP, CCDP

Typo correction, meant to say "associated configurations".

CCNP, CCDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back