Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route through VPN tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfrasco

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
Hello all,

We have a linux computer (gentoo) that was orignally at our datacenter and is used for testing programs before they are pushed to the live system. The network there is a 10.50.x.x and there is another network there that is 10.58.x.x ip range and only certain computers can access it. The testing computer accessed it fine before the move but now it can't get to the 10.58.x.x network. Our VPN tunnel will route to the 10.50.x.x network and since the 10.58.x.x netwrok exists on the same interface of the router shouldn't I be able to route to the 10.58.x.x network through the 10.50.x.x network. Please let me know as soon as possible as we have programs we need to test.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

jcfrasco

What move? Was the testing computer moved somewhere else?

Offhand I'd say that you can't remotely access networks that aren't configured in the VPN devices. Maybe 10.50.x.x is configured but 10.58.x.x isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back