Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjo7

Technical User
Aug 9, 2003
US
I am trying to set up a route pattern that one can dial 7-15 digits. I have set it up using the @ and ! wildcards but the call take 13 sec of dead are before it dials???? I can set it up so it can dial just a fixed number of calls but thats is not what I want? Can any help with this? I want to set up a route pattern so someone can dial domestic 7 or 10 digits and also international up to 15 digits???

You could put the pound sign at the end of the route pattern. But the caller would need to hit the pound sign after they finish dialing.

Note below from the Help section in CM3.3

The octothorpe (#) character generally identifies the end of the dialing sequence.

Ensure the # character is the last character in the pattern.

But I usually just put in a route pattern for each type of call.

Excuse my question but is your system in the US, Europe, UK ?Why don`t you set up different routes plans based on local , long distance, international prefix`s etc

if you are in the US then set up a route paln beginning gwith 1 xxx xxxx xxxx....... for long distance
xxx xxxx for local
011xx for international

UK local create a route plan for your local prefix
01xxx long distance
02 London & Bristol
00 International
Also set the plans so to send the dial digits to the Telco after x digits have been enter rather then wait for everything could will also speed things up

wayne

The server is in the US. I understand about using the1XXX for local and domestic long distance. The thing is that I am setting up and international client and they will dial to everywhere. Dialing to the US is no problem but I wanted to set up only one route pattern to dial everywhere international? I did set one route pattern up 011?, but it take 12 sec to dial out?? I told him yo dial a # at the end but his lazy but said he did not want to dial # after every call. Is there a route pattern that I can use that I can use something like 011? but will dial out faster. I tried to change some settings in the server but nothing?

You can use route filters to get your 7Digit and 10Digit dialed calls to immediately route. As for the variable international numbers, you need to identify the end of dial string to facilitate faster routing of the call. I understand the user doesn't fancy this option. The route filters will take care of the delay for the 7 and 10 digit stuff though.

Pat

If you are using CallManagers you can also change the Timer that waits before dialing or the interdigit timeout. This is under the Service Parameters -> CallManager -> T302 timer. Change it to something like 7000 or so !

n0m0r3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back