Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route pattern query

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwing77

Technical User
Nov 17, 2005
GB
Hi
Can someone explain to me how the route pattern forms work?
I have a route pattern which contains 2 outbound trunk groups each assigned to ISDN30s. When i monitor the trunk groups i can see that the trunk group that is 2nd in the route pattern table never has any activity. Do all 30 lines in the 1st trunk group need to be busy before the lines in the 2nd trunk group are used?
If so, do i need to delete the 2nd trunk group and assign all 60 lines to the first group so that all lines are used cyclically when we are using our dialler?

A route pattern is made up of trunk groups as entries for choices. The first preference always is used unless there are no spare members in that group to route the call. Then the call is routed to the next trunk group preference if the dialer has the correct FRL to access that 2nd prefernce. Cyclical is chosen in the trunk group. The only way you could possible use all trunks would be to combine the trunk groups into one group. I am not too sure why you need to use you trunks in the two groups in a cyclical manner. One group is busy the next group is chosen to route the call.

thanks for the info koglass. The reason i thought we might need all lines in one group is because we have a predictive dialler which has 60 lines configured that go into the switch so i thought it might be more efficient when the dialler is trying to use more than 30 lines at a time.(also i would like to see activity on the trunks so that i know theres nothing wrong with them), cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back