Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

route network thru GRE tunnel help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimit77

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2011
I have two 3725 advanced ip service routers. On router A I built 2 separate networks 10.x.x.x net, and a 172.x x x net. On router B I built 192.x.x.x net and 10.10.x.x net. I then built a GRE w/IPSEC from router to router. Tunnel comes up. I would like to route all my 172.x.x.x net thru tunnel and get DNS and internet from the 192.168.x.x network. I know I should either build route map or access list not really sure, could use some in site.

a little more info is needed. what do you want done with traffic on the 10 network?? you can potentially use a default route and depending on what you want done with the 10 network you could add in an ACL to keep it from getting to the Internet or traversing the tunnel completely.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

I couldn't get my gre tunnel to work, Ike fragmentation messages on my router. I wonder if there isn't another type of tunnel I should use. Want my 172 net to tunnel over to corporate, and the 10 net just goes out to Internet for guests and meeting purposes. All my 172 net will get it's services from 192 net. Spent 12 hour troubleshooting today, no luck. Even with out tunnel I can ping from 172 net outside interface to the 192 net outside interface. They have actual private ips from ISP's.

you couldn't get the tunnel to work at all or was it that the traffic to the Internet was hit or miss?? also, you will definitely need a route map to do policy routing in order to push your 10 net traffic out a different interface than your 172 traffic.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back