Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route Incoming Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyRussell77

Technical User
Jan 13, 2016
GB
I have installed Sendmail on Centos 7 and want to use it to route all email from the Internet to specific backend mail servers. This is a private hosted platform that hosts multiple domains. I have locked this down so it is not an open relay. I simply want incoming mail addressed to specific domains to go to specific backend mail servers in our hosted environment:

I.E.
Mail for domain domaina.com to route to internal server mail.domaina.com

Mail for domain domainb.com to route to internal server mail.domainb.com

On the sendmail server I have edited the hosts file with the internal IP addresses of the mail servers mail.domaina.com and mail.domainb.com.

In the mailertable file I have added the following lines:

domaina.com esmtp:mail.domaina.com
domainb.com esmtp:mail.domainb.com

However, when testing mail delivery by connecting directly to the sendmail server externally I can see that mail my mail is being routed to the internet and being delivered using external DNS. How can I get the mail to route to the internal servers rather than via the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back