Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route Call Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislyon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2007
US
I'm having a problem with a very simple command. I have a situation where I don't need to execute a script. In my master script when CDN equals xxxx, I just need to route the call to an outside long distance number. Very straightforward, however, it gives me a fast busy. I can change it to any local number and it works. I can call the long distance number directly from my desk, no problems. But when I plug that long distance number in the route call command, fast busy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

There may be restrictions in the switch. Sometimes it is easier to route the call to a "dummy" ACD that night call forwards to the correct number.

I tried that too, same results. I'm sure it's in the permissions, but I'm concerned about opening up a potential toll fraud scenario.

to avoid the toll fraud and fix the issue, create a phantom DN that is dcfw to the long distance number then in the script use route call to the phantom DN

Tried that too, same results. Also, setup an acd to call forward to an external number. Could it be something in NCOS I'm missing?

does the NCOS of the phantom have the ability to call the LD number? It mist for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back