Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route a range of extensions to another route rather than the default

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshboy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2002
GB
I have 2 ISDN30 Trunks that are split into a number of routes. Default route is 43 which AC1 uses, does anyone know how to setup a range of extensions to use alternative 44 instead? Basically I want to point extensions 5600-5679 to route 43, and extensions 5680-5699 to route 44. I have a sneaky feeling that it can be achieved by setting the TGAR for the route to YES.

Has anyone done or experienced this before?

Cheers

Welshboy
what about steering codes (DSC), are you familiar with them

Colin Colin

Welshboy
ignore previous post,,,,try this TGAR/TARG barring can be used to make extensions select a particular route.
Starting with the extension you assign it a TGAR value. It is only a number between 0-31 and it only has any significance if you use the Trunk Busy keys on the console for routes 0-19.
An extension with a TGAR from 0 to 7 accessing the route that has been busied out will be automatically intercepted to the attendant. Station users with a TGAR of 8 to 31 will not be affected and can dial out in the normal manner. See the Feature and Services guide, "Attendant Trunk Group Busy Indication" and "Access Restrictions" for TGAR/TARG barring.
So you would assign a TGAR value to extensions 5600-5679, say 5 and for 5680-5699 say 6.
Then in the Route Data Block (RDB) for route 43 you would add TGAR 6 and route 44 TGAR 5.
If The TGAR matches a TARG entry the call is barred. If the TGAR doesn't appear in the TARG prompt the call will be allowed. You only have one TGAR value on each extension but TARG on the route can have several entries.
Use overlay LD 21 for printing the routes. LD 16 for to amend the RDB.

Colin

Cheers Coling, I will give this a try.

Why make extensions select a particular route? I'm getting back into the Nortel world and would like to know when this scenario would apply. Thks.

Also, change your tgar/targ setting ahead of time then in LD 86 - ESN, change TGAR to YES.

The TARG/TGAR barring is setup on my switch and works for 2 of the companies sharing the switch, but I'm having trouble with the third. I can get my phone to change between the 2 routes with the TGAR value and check it with call accounting software. I have followed the info in this thread but have had no success making a new TGAR/TARG group route to the correct trunk group. Is there anything in ld88 or ld19 that will affect this situation?
Is there anything else on the phone that has to be changed other than TGAR? Does XLST affect it?
Any help will be appreciated.

Doesn't TARG/TGAR just prevent users from accessing routes using the ACOD?

where do I enable a trunk and it's members to be used for outgoing calls? I can receive calls on them but not call out on them. Eventually I will want a group of extentions to call out on this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back