Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rounding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

APS

Vendor
Sep 25, 2000
US
I have problem when using the round function to round a calculation, for example; the value $433.125 rounds to $433.12. If I make the number $433.1251 or 433.126 it rounds correctly to $433.13. I can run it on two different machines with the same version of Access and service packs and it rounds correctly on one machine and not another. Is there an Access setting itself to tell it how to round .5 or a machine setting?

Thanks,
Anthony

Ah, the old Access rounding situation again. To answer your questions -NO there are no settings to set.

Now what you can do is to "add" the rounding function yourself in your computation however it is done. (((Num*100)+.5)/100) will generally take care of the situation.

And yes, it can be a pain.

Why use a cludged up rounder when all you want is the currency type for the field or variable. That does all the work for you. Work as hard but only as hard as you have to.

rollie@bwsys.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back