Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rounding on division

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnd

Programmer
Jun 30, 2001
US
CR 9. SQL Server 2K.
I have a calculated fields with same values (with decimal) displayed in the same row on a matrix (like a manual cross tab). I need to round up one and round down the next (alternate) and so on.
Example:
ID = 101
Table.FieldLoan value = 10
Number of Installments = 4
Table.FieldInstallment = 10/4 = 2.5
This 2.5 is shown in 4 colums (depending on the number of installments) on the same row as below.

ID 01/06 02/06 03/06 04/06 05/06 06/06 Total
101 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 0 0 .. 10
If I round it up it will show like
101 3 3 3 3 0 0 .. 10
I have to show this as
101 3 2 3 2 0 0 .. 10

Is there a way I can do this in the division formula itself or while I am rounding.
NOTE: All the values will be the same either 05/above or 05/below. There won't be both below & above .5 mixed in each case.
Thanks in advance.

You could round up or round down using Truncate, adding 0.5 to the sum when you want to round up.

What I don't think you can do is blend two different sorts of sum in a crosstab. Unless maybe you made it a formula field, add 0.5 when the month number is odd (which you get by dividing by two, truncating and then multiplying by two).

There are also mock-crosstabs, in which you define each total individually. Flexible but a lot of work.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back