Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotating images in an image control programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggie

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
AU
I have inserted an image control on a form. Showing the initial image when the Form is loaded is not a problem, however, I want the image control to do a kind of slideshow through a series of jpgs. I can do this in pure Visual Basic 6 using the timer to successively load new pictures but when I try ImageControl.LoadPicture at runtime I get an error message that the picture can't be loaded. It seems that the error message indicates that the image control is looking for an integer instead of the string filepath I am trying to feed the LoadPicture.

I've read through this and other forums that Access is bad for handling images but is what I am trying to do impossible?

I don't have the code here at work but maybe this will point you in the right direction. You can make the filesystem object return an array of FileNumbers that represent the image files then this array can be feed to the ImageControl. I have a sample of this at home which I will try to rember to bring in on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back