Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotated dynamic text box acting like an iframe. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamingben

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with this. i have found a lot of tutorials about how to set up a dynamic text box, similar to a standard iframe, taking the text content from an external .txt or .htm file.

These tutorials have been really helpful and i have successfully set up pages that contain an integrated external html file.

The problem comes when you rotate the text box. This seems to stop the external file from being displayed.

I have looked around on google but i really can't find any questions about this, which makes me think it is impossible, so I am just asking for someone to clarify that really.

What I want in essence is a rotated iframe/dynamic text box, which links to an external file. It doesn't have to be in flash, but I thought that would be a good way to go.

Thanks in advance for your help
Ben

When ever you manipulate text in any manner, masking it, tweening it, rotating it, you need to embed the font used in the textfield. Select the texfield and in it's properies, hit the Character tab, and select Embed All or just a range of characters.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design

billwatson,

Again thank you.

Followed the link above and while browsing found the solution to a scrollpane problem I was experiencing and that saved me from composing another post.

We still dont have a Flash developer in-house and I am being pressed to take the job and get certified. Is certification worth while ?

Chris

certification wont make you a better developer but from the clients point of view its something they like to see as it indicates expertise and professionalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back