Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotate every 6th page in a PDF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hi,

I do have the full version of Acrobat but has anyone ever rotated the nth page in a PDF document programatically?

Thanks.

Swi

My 'default' approach to such issue is - contact whoever creates the PDF document and ask them to do it correctly/the way I need it.

No code/programing required :)

Is that 'weaseling out' of work or being efficient [ponder]

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Done it in word but not in Acrobat. You need to use Word VBA for that. All other front end languages like C#, python, TCL all translate into VBA and call VBA commands.

>All other front end languages like C#, python, TCL all translate into VBA and call VBA commands.

Er ... are you sure?

I don't have a full Acrobat, so I can't test, but:
- it is possible to reference Acrobat library (acrobat.tlb) and work with document ( , ),
- it allows an access to document and page objects, next it should be possible to rotate selected pages (GetRotate?, , , )

combo

@strongm Yes - but I don't want to hijack this thread with an explanation.

Then start a new one! This somewhat surprises me. I've been programming VBA for 30 years, and this is the first I've have heard of this.

Indeed, using C# and VB.NET to automate Office apps works for me even on installations of Office that do not include VBA ... so I am really interested to find out more about this.

Consider qpdf or PDFtk.

IMO the syntax for qpdf is easier:
Code:
qpdf in.pdf out.pdf --rotate=+90:6,12,18,24
This would rotate pages 6, 12, 18 and 24 90-degrees clockwise.
See qpdf's documentation on the web and as pdf.

I know it's not Visual Basic... but IMO sometimes it's better to use dedicated PDF transformers rather than kludge something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back