Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Root certificate update not available 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

930driver

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
It seems the only way to get the Microsoft root certificate update is via Windows Update. However it is not one of the items available when I visit the site from a particular Win98 computer. I haven't been able to find any other way of getting it.

Does any one know either how to get it other than Windows Update, or how to get it to present it's self in Windows Update?

Is there a prerequisite?

Thanks

"The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

Thanks, the both of you.

I was able to download it, but only by specifying Windows 2000. If I said Win98 it wasn't offered.

When I ran the resulting exe on the Win98 computer something seemed to run briefly (hourglass for perhaps 3 seconds) and then nothing.

Could MS have withdrawn the certificate update for Win98? I've been able to install it on Win98 machines since Symantec Corporate 9 was released. That is until today.

"The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

The Symantec site will get it for you. The hourglass only goes for about 3 sec, like you said, but that's all it needs to install because I just did and Symantec 9.02 installed fine afterwards.
Thanks for nothing, Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back