Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rooming Profile Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawyenaung

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2008
MM
Hi,
today, make a take ownership of unnecessary user profile. At that time all the rooming profile are change permission to domain admin. so all the user can't make rooming. now system create a local profile. i try to give the users to ownership back and give full access. but system create a local profile only. so how can i give the user to get back their rooming feature?

thanks

When the user logs on, does he receive any messages, or is anything logged in Event Viewer? It should give a better understanding of what the problem is.

all it would show would be the fact a local profile was used

my guess is that you took ownership at the root of the folder holding all roaming profiles, then propagated permissions down. The only fix is to either manually, or via subinacl, cacls, or xcacls, to reset the owner on the profiles back to user, and give them full control rights to their individual profiles only. The other possibility is if share permissions were changed...ensure these are set to everyone-full control, and then you can fully control access via ntfs perms alone...

an easy way to test...does the problem happen for a new user as well? create a user, logon to a desktop, and see if you get a roaming profile....if my assumption above is correct, it should work fine.

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging00, MCSA03, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back