Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rookie trying to create a sub menu asp/c#

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumper

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I am a rookie trying to create a sub menu and failing miserably. I am using asp.net/c#.

I have a default.aspx home page, which has a link to cars.aspx. When clicking on the cars.aspx, I would like to have a submenu appear with ford, chevy, jeep, etc. This list of cars would be pulled from a sql table, (unless there is a better way).
I would then like to be able to click on an list item (ford) and have it open a cars.aspx page populated with ford info. I know this would be sql statement or store proc.
Each of the ford, chevy, jeep would use the cars.aspx page as a template, so I dont have an aspx page for every type of car.

any ideas on how i can do this? I have been reading that I could java script, but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for any help!

pass the ID from the look up table (manufacturers, or cars) in the query string to the new page, then get that value and run your database query.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Complete IT Community

I am not sure I understand. Here is what I am trying to do...
MAIN MENU:

CARS
TRUCKS
BOATS

When I click on CARS I would like a submenu to appear
CARS
FORD
CHEVY
JEEP

Then click on FORD, or CHEVY, or JEEP and have the page populated with the info on that car. I think I understand that your suggestion would work for the second part, but I am unclear about the submenu aspect.
Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back