Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Romote Access Printing HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemantg00

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I am working on a project for a friend of mine who has a small business. He wants to be able to hit print in one city and have the print job come out at a printer in another city. The Printer will be attached directly on the local nework with Windows 2000 Server as the print que server in one city. Is there a way that he can print to that printer in another city without having to set up a WAN using Frame Relay and paying a ISP to create a domain to cover both locations? This would be costly and since they do not have their own WAN, printing from two different cities will be over a Wide Area network. Anyone have any Ideas on how I could set up remote access printing utilizing anything W2K Server has to offer or any technology available while minimizing cost? What would I need? Please help!
Thanks

Win XP pro with remote desktop enabled can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back