Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rommon 1> doesn't accept any command on c4006

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltanghome

Instructor
Sep 26, 2003
US
I have a Cat 4006 switch that has a boot up problem. When the sw gets booted up it has the rommon 1> prompt. But it can't accept any command. Anything I type becomes "bad commmand". I suspect that there may be a corrupted ROM problem but not sure about it. I looked for suggestions from Cisco web but haven't locate any information that leads to a solution.

Any help?

try typing

rommon 1> boot

and see if it boots, if it does, then it probably just needs the boot statement written correctly, if it doesn't, then it may need a new image uploaded to it, normally with a working switch you could TFTP the image to the switch, but if it's in rommon, your going to have to upload it using XModem or Xmodem-1k...

Let us know if it works, if it doesn't we'll go from there...

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help.

I tried to use the rommon 1>boot but didn't work.

Fortunately I found a reference on how to recover from Cat 4000 and follow the steps to tftp a new CatOS image into the 4006. The switch is working normally now.

Thanks.

ltanghome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back