Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rollovers when using hotspots

Status
Not open for further replies.

koncept1

Technical User
Jul 13, 2008
GB
Hi,

I'm a new user to dreamweaver and web design and have to learn it quickly as I start my teacher training in IT in september. This question may sound basic but i just can;t figure it out.

Basically i need to know how to create a colour change when my mouse rolls over the hotspots that i've created.

I've used a main image on the screen and cut this up into various hotspots as its a more graphical website. I want these hotspots to change colour when the mouse moves over them. Can someone please tell me what i need to do. I've tried adding a behaviour to the hotspot and it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be extremely helpful.

Cheers

Matt

There several ways to do this, however I'm not sure which one would apply top you since I don't know how you are creating your hotspots.

Since you say you need to learn this, drop Dreamweaver for now, and until you know how things work, otherwise having dreamweaver do things for you will most likely become a crutch instead of a helpful tool.

Basically you could use CSS and swap colors when you hover over it, or you could use Javascript and swap images.

There are quite a few ways of doing this.

Googling for Rollovers or CSS hover class may yield some positive results.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back