Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rollovers don't work after upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini25

Technical User
Oct 25, 2008
GB
hi,

it is exactly the problem as in this thread:

i followed the instructions there but the rollovers still don't work.
when i previewed the website on my harddrive it worked fine in firefox while in explorer i was asked if i want to allow activex content...

internet explorer gives an 'error on page' notification in the status bar when i open the site online.
same in firefox (without the notification though).

i am not exporting the site through golive but upload it with wsftp, which usually works fine.

the website in question is
all the buttons have a rollover with white text and when you are on the portfolio site all the small images should have a desaturated rollover.

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks a lot

interesting...

tried it again. deleted everything from the website uploaded again every single file...

and now it works.

but still i would like to know WHY?

why did it not work when i tried the above first time?

Considering you were using wsftp to upload the site and not GoLive i'd say that you originally forgot to upload some of the files.

I also used to use wsftp to upload my sites. I gave up the practice and started using GoLive after having many cases like yours.

When your editing a file in GoLive it's managing all your links and content, so even though you may not have opened a particular file GoLive may have changed a link or setting in others files to keep everything working. Then you upload the files you know you changed but not the files GoLive changed on it's own and things break.

I recommend using GoLive to handle the uploading. I always use the "Upload modified files" icon.

i used to work with a very old golive version years back and the built in uploader didn't work well for me.

maybe that changed in the more recent version of golive.

to be honest i last wiorked on my website almost 5 years ago before i moved to england.
sticking with wsftp only because it still has all the server info stored...

i tried to set up the golive uploader but it wants to know which server i want to upload to. now that is an information i don't have, and don't have an idea where to get the info from.
wsftp accepts my domain name as upload location, unfortunately golive doesn't...

but thanks for your reply anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back