Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rollover button to be triggered by area smaller than button

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGloves

Technical User
Feb 16, 2007
US
Newbie. Trying to simulate tool tips on roll-over toolbar

I'm pretty new at Flash. I am creating a flash file to insert into a PowerPoint, since PP has no way to really use mouseovers. This is my first project, but I'm going to want to do a lot with this technique in the future.

I have an image of the toolbar of our software and images (transparent pngs) of the tooltips with arrows that will point to the icon.

I can make a roll-over button that only appears when the user rolls over the icon, but the tooltip text is wider than the icon that triggers it, so the buttons I'm creating overlap.

So I want the area that triggers the roll-over effect to be smaller than the button. Or is there a better way to accomplish this task?

Thanks for any advice!

upload your .fla file - its quite hard to figure out exactly what you are trying to achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back