Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roll Overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivang

ISP
Mar 15, 1999
US
I am trying to do a navigation bar with roll overs. I have got it using the insert rollover image button, but that only allows for a original image and a rollover image. I would like to add a behavior so that the page you are currently on is indicated by a different image other than the original image or the rollover image.

How can you do that in Dreamweaver?

NetObjects has 4 button states... regular, highlighted, regular rollover and highlighted rollover. The highlighted button, indicates the page you are on...

I think you need to use the Set Nav Bar Image behaviour in Dreamweaver. This way gives you the option of using up to 4 images - Up, Over, Down and Over While Down - plus the Advanced tab gives even more options for using other images.

Personally, I've only ever used images for the Up and Over states. If I want to then show users which page they're on I've just clicked on the image for that particular page, then "taken away" the rollover effect (using the Minus in the Behaviours panel) so I'm just left with a straightforward image that no longer "rolls over". I change the image to the one that's used for the Down state, but of course you can use any image you like.

If you look at the little site I've done for my husband at you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back