Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roll over

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkaftan

MIS
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi:

I am trying to make hunting work on a phone. I have an executive that wants her phone to roll over to her secretary if she does not answer it or is on a call.

I have this working by configuring FDN to go to the secretary. However, if the secretary does not answer it never goes to VM.

If I call the secretary directly it goes to her VM if she does not answer.

Is there a way to have it go to the exec's VM if the secretary does not answer?

Thanks

I guess I mean hunt. Anyway the link you sent me was for forwarding more then one step away from my original phone. I am only going one step.

I would just add the secretary number to the execs phone using hunt. Or just build the keys as SCR and add it to the secretary phone.

Actually after reading GHTROUT's response again I just enabled SFA on the Secretary's phone and it worked fine.

Thanks GHTROUT!

I set FDN on the Execs phone to go to the Secs phone. That worked but no VM.

When I enabled SFA on the Secs phone then I could call the exec, after 4 rings it would go to the Sec, after 3-4 more rings it went to the Exec's VM. Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back