Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roll Over Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnkauai

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
US
can't seem to grasp the roll over methodolgy on the Mitel 3300 (voip). on nortar/nortel you can create a line to rollover if the first line is busy.

how can I do this on the mitel? I need to have the line roll to the next line when busy.

I think it's more terminology you need to work on.

Define what functionality you mean by Rollover Line.

I think you might mean hunting but guessing is pointless.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Wow - Not a very warm response, but I'll take what I can get. What I'm trying to do is place an extension on three different phones (this extension will be a multicall on a not yet determined button)and then have it roll over to the main line of that phone if it's busy at that time.

example:

8100 will be placed on and ring at three phones - 5000, 5001, 5002. If someone answers 8100 on ext. 5000 then I want the next call to 8100 to roll to 5001.

Does this make sense or is it even possible?

thanks for your response.

First, generic questions or questions without many details waste our time trying to figure out what you want. If you want good answers, then you need to provide good details.

What I would do in the situation that you describe is to program a Terminal huntgroup with a pilot number of 8100. Then place exts 5000, 5001 and 5002 in this group in the order that you want answered.

Without knowing your environment, I would still suggest a different method that may be better. Create a terminal hunt group with a pilot number of 8100. But, instead of 5000-5002 as members of the hunt group, create three new "dummy" numbers. You create these dummies numbers by first programming a dummy number as a "single line" on one of the phones. Then make "KEYLINE" appearances of that dummy number on the other sets. Once this dummy number exists in the system, it can be added as a member to the 8100 hunt group. Then, when a call goes to 8100, all the phones will ring on the first dummy number, then the second dummy number and so on. This will allow one phone to be able to answer more than one call.

One more tip... the help files in the mitel 3300 are very good! Reading up before asking on this forum may save some bitting responses.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Thank you Paterson for the constructive feedback and possible solution to my issue. I understand your response and will heed your advice on my questions going forward.

Hi robnkauai, and welcome to the forum. Please don't think kwb was being "rude". When mentions terminology, he simply means that (in this instance) he feels you are talking about a "hunt group". But with your follow-up, it become crystal clear as to what you are trying to do.

I'm still pretty green on these Mitel Monsters, but I highly value the information these pro's give. Its save my bacon several times and all they ask for is a star :)

With enuff input from you, they will be able to help you.

Jim

There was no intent to offend on my part. I simply had no idea what you wanted from your original post. A simple example, subsequently provided after prodding, would have made things much more clear from the beginning.

Paterson's second example sounds closest to your need to me. However, you have not provided what you want to have happen if the first extension is not busy but does not answer. Believe it not these details matter as patterson's example will not hunt to the second extension in this instance.

There are things called Ring Groups that sound closer to what you want. With ring groups you can designate the action on Busy AND ring no answer. However, with ring groups you may have issues if you want to go to voicemail if all members are busy or don't answer.

Suffice it to say, the more information you provide, the better the answers will be.

Ring group should do the trick!
Cascade ring will route calls in the order they are programmed.
It can be setup to have an overflow point if no answer or busy is encountered e.g. voicemail

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Again, Ring groups are more complicated when it comes to VM integration. If VM is not required, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back