Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rogue SYSVOL folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolando

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
AU
I have an Windows 2003 server that is a Domain Controller in my domain.

After deleting a folder which i thought was unused (F:\EXCH\Windows\SYSVOL) discovered that Group Policies were destroyed. Odd since C:\Windows\SYSVOL was in use

I had followed Knowledge Base 842162 and used adsiedit.msc to checked that the FRSRootPath value was not this folder. Its C:\Windows\SYSVOL\Domain. Also checked FRSStagingPath to make sure that was similar - yes

Thus I am now at a point where i need to determine what is using that folder so i can remove the reference and delete the folder.. I cannot demote the server as its my Exchange 2003 Server (see
I've checked out the other domain controllers in my domain - nothing references it. The guy who set up the domain has moved on and of course there is no documentation detailing the reasons behind this configuration.

Anyone have ideas or tools i can possibly use to move forward ??

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back