Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rogue/Hidden Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantron

Technical User
Jan 8, 2019
US
Hey guys. A quick story - a coworker knocked her T7316E off of her desk, and the screen for the programmable buttons broke. Not enjoying a broken screen, she went and found another T7316E that I had pulled because it had problems. I don't even remember what the issue was, which is my fault for not documenting. It was not this issue, though. After plugging that phone in, and after a few weeks, the BCM50 started engaging Auto-Attendant and playing a greeting that I cannot find anywhere within CallPilot Manager. Despite Auto-Attendant answering every call, the status of Auto-Attendant within CallPilot was off for every line.

Even worse, the greeting that was being played was an old greeting from when we closed for a bit and moved locations back in 2014. It basically says that we're closed, and will be back open in September. Given everything going on, you can imagine the confusion this causes for our customers.

Again, I cannot find this greeting anywhere. What am I missing? Thanks.

Confused here: After plugging that phone in, and after a few weeks

Did the issue start when the phone was plugged in? or weeks afterwards?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Oops. Left a little out. The issue did not start until a few weeks later, but now happens when that phone is plugged in. I haven't had much time to test it, because I can't test during business hours.

We're continuing as normal with the broken-screen phone, so it isn't debilitating or anything. I am most concerned with the source of that greeting.

I think you might have to log in via the browser to look in the Call Pilot area. It sounds as if the calls are routing to a different mailbox / announcement and the mailbox manager can tell you which mailboxes have been active recently.

It could be that a phone is on divert on no answer to voicemail. Use the BCM Monitor tool to watch the incoming line status.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Not sure how I overlooked this, but there is an alternative greeting for the main mailbox. When I checked it with feature 981, the alternate was set "on". I changed it to the primary. I only noticed it when following Firebird Scrambler's suggestion to look at mailbox activity.

Is there a way for me to test this without turning auto-attendant on?

Prime or Alt decides which of the 2 greetings are told play, it does not decide when to answer and what to answer.
What is told to answer is either AA (which you say lines are set to NO
or what Firebird is thinking:
It's a phone that has lines as Ring or Appear & Ring and has a mailbox behind it and also told to forward to the mailbox after x amount of rings.

"the status of Auto-Attendant within CallPilot was off for every line."
What do you mean was?
Is AA to answer calls or is the General Delivery mailbox (Prime greeting) to answer calls?

The true test is to call in have have nobody answer, simple enough.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back