Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rockwell modem versus my satellite connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreambeaver

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Hi everyone!
Is there anyone out there that can help me? I have a basic 98 hewlett packard, with a rockwell conexant modem.
I have a one way satellite broadband connection that for some reason refuses to connect giving me the message:A TCP/IP problem has occurred. Please check if you have TCP/IP installed and selected for your modem.
I have been running both the modem and sat together with no problems for about a month, and decided it was time for a full format, after three weeks of my modem not even having the strength to open outlook express, i seem to have fixed that to be replaced with my flimsy satellite software saying the message as stated above I have been in the networks properties and set the tcp/ip for my modem and the network card for my satellite is also tcp/ip enabled???
Any ideas??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as the rubbish skip comes on Monday and I will be taking my pc there to be dumped!!
Thanks!
Dreambeaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back