Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell Modem says "no dial tone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2000
US
Internal in a HP 4450 Pav.

I have check the line and used an external on it.
I do have it plugged into the right port on the modem.
I go to Modems in Contol Panel and the modem does communicate in the Diags.
Everything in the Device Manager is ok.
The modem is configured properly....

Sometimes I will get "Port in Use" if I try and go in the Modem Diags after I have dialed.
I have tried deleting the COM ports and letting Windows set it back on boot. I have reinstalled the modem and the software.
I do not know where to find divers for this ohter than the one download offers. I do not know any Tech Support numbers.

Please send response to lyonsja@jmu.edu

Thanks for all your time.

J [sig][/sig]

It is from thunder and lightning my friend. Remember if there was a storm when you had this problem. If so then the lightning sneaked through the telephone line and burned the modem chip. prevention was to buy a surge and lightning protector which protects the pc from this problem. and if this problem happens you have one solution: change the modem and protect it too with an APC protector which I suggest. apc.com I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back