Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rockwell Enumerator / Can it work as an answering machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I am trying to get my Presario 5204 with a Rockwell PCI Enumerator to work as an answering machine. I downloaded EzVoice 1.1.1 and when I installed it it said the modem did not have voice functionality. What does that mean? Can it be fixed with a driver or something like that? My very old Compaq 486 used to work as an answering machine/fax you would think this would being years newer. Thank you for looking.

If it's not a voice modem (it's not, thanks to Comcrap's el-cheapo attitude), it won't work. Period.
It's based on the Rockwell HCF chipset, but it's SO proprietary, it won't even work in any other system, so you can't even trade/sell it.
Your "very old" 486 had a modem that was actually built by a modem company (most likely Askey) and was voice capable, Comcrap now makes all their own modems, based on whoever has the cheapest chipset available. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Thank you very much!!! I was hoping for better news than that but I am very greatful for you taking the time to help those of us who do not know much about our computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back