Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Robot sounding calls on Microsoft Lync

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJDG

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
US
I am having call quality issues of audio distortion during on a small percentage of Lync calls, usually when a PSTN caller is involved, where the sound will be distorted, it “sounds robot-like” as the users have reported. Sometimes it’s minor, and other times you have to hang up and call back. We have also found that you can place the call on hold, then, retrieve it and the audio is clear. This issue has only been reported by users using the Lync 2010 client on various releases. The users are distributed randomly over five servers, with the issue being experiencing on all five. So far, it’s only been reported on inbound calls. We have two Audiocodes gateways with 20 PRIs. We also have a Lync monitoring server running, but on all calls that the users have reported, the call report shows normal call quality. I have a ticket open with our Vendor and Microsoft support, but to no avail. I've checked network performance and from everything I can tell there is no latency or dropped packet issue.

Has anyone else experienced this and did you get it resolved?

Thanks

That sounds to me either a QoS issue (most likely) or a hardware issue (faulty DSPs).

you might set up sniffer trace when this is happening that may help resolve issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back