Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

robocopy command not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

drallabttocs

Technical User
Aug 5, 2011
US
Hi

I have moved the following command

robocopy "\\servername\Groups\Data\" "D:\Source\Maps\" /s /purge /V

from a win server 2003 to a win server 08 r2 and set it up as a scheduled task. It doesnt do anything when i run it manually, run as scheduled etc. the account it runs under has full admin priveleges on both servers. Essentially the dos screen flashes breifly, the status remains as running(never stops). the last run result is 0x1.

Any ideas why this command doesnt work correctly on the 08 server?

Thanks in advance.

Have you copied robocopy.exe to the new server?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Have you executed it from a opened DOS shell?
You should see the respective (assumed) error message there.

Drive "D", folder "Source", subfolder "Maps" exist on that new server? Access to "\\servername" too?

Cheers,
MakeItSo

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

I have executed it from the DOS shell and it gives the following error

0 \\servername\Groups\DataTx\Maps2012/03/23 11:14:40 ERROR 64 (0x00000040) Scanning Source Directory \\servernameGroups\DataTx\Maps\BV01The specified network name is no longer available.

I cannot navigate to the BV01 directory via Windows Explorer from the server, but I can hardcode the path to BV01 in the bat file and it copies the contents.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back