Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Robocopy and Hidden folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkobus

MIS
Dec 16, 2002
GB
Good Day,

I'm currently trying to perform a data migration using robocopy and I have found an issue that I have been unable to find any information on.

When trying to copy data I have a large folder that is Hidden and I get an error stating the following;

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\clusterserver>cd\pro*\windows res*\tools

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>robocopy x: g: /mir /zb /sec /copyall

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBOCOPY :: Robust File Copy for Windows :: Version XP010
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started : Fri Apr 13 14:17:41 2007

Source : X:\
Dest : G:\

Files : *.*

Options : *.* /S /E /COPYALL /PURGE /MIR /ZB /R:1000000 /W:30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 X:\
8 X:\.etc\
0 X:\_Data.Storage\
0 X:\_Data.Storage\Departments\
25 X:\_Data.Storage\Departments\Public\
2007/04/13 14:17:41 ERROR 87 (0x00000057) Changing File Attributes X:\_Data.Storage\Departments\Public\
The parameter is incorrect.
Waiting 30 seconds...

I have tried several times to get this to work and havent had any luck. I can perfrom the copy buy specifing the folder - I have checked forums, web searched etc... with no luck. I would like to get this to run without having to specify each folder that fails, this s a onetime process and I dont want to create a script just for this operation.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Kobus

Recommend using either the microsoft file server migration toolkit or a gui based utility such as beyondcompare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back